urban creature: Silly Righties


Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Silly Righties
There is a lesson in this for everything. I think. Next time you get an email from some blogger, telling you that you've been nominated for, say something like the Sexiest RWDB Awards, and asking for your permission to use your name and photo on their blog as part of these said awards, it may be helpful to actually read the provided linked posting about the awards, and possibly even other posts that appear on the said blogger's blog.

A nominee, who will remain nameless, emailed me today asking to revoke his permission to be nominated for these (prestigious?) awards because, and I quote, "I don't think it's appropriate to have my name posted with a photo on a site promoting homosexuality."

So just in case other righties out there aren't clear about this blog...

I'm a lefty. Full-blown, softo, pinko, vego, bleeding-heart, pro-choice, refugee-loving, Howard-Bush-hating poofter.

If you have a problem having your name and/or image in anyway associated with this blog, please let me know.

And, by the way, I don't mind it at all if righties put my name or image (if you can find one) on their blogs. While I still hate everything you stand for, I know that no-one in their right mind would ever confuse me with being a conservative, narrow-minded twat.


  Scribbled by urban creature @ 1:24 pm - [Permanent Link]

6 Comments:
At 3:34 pm, Blogger OreamnosAmericanus said...

So, UrbanCreature, since you are an out Lefty, you must, by definition, be a Process Queen. So what's the process for choosing the hunkiest RWDB? Surely you wouldn't arrogate that privilege to yourself, surely there must be empowerment to the people...so how we gonna do this?

Just in case you DO claim special insight or something, let me point out that Jeff P of beautifulatrocities has something in common with you. He's the kinda guy who's watched "Legionnaires" more than 5 times....Not that I'm trying to influence the process or anything.

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger urban creature said...

Actually, I'm going to devise a simple poll like they do on The Hack & Cas's blog and let people vote.

Obviously, it won't be one-vote-one-value, because people will be able to vote as many times as they like (although only once daily).

Nominations are still open, so feel free to nominate more guys.

 
At 3:27 pm, Blogger me said...

So lame. What, does he want to be included on a site that promotes INTOLERANCE? Promoting tolerance, btw, isn't even the same thing as promoting acceptance, for Christ's sake. Screw him.

Tim T, at Oz blog Will Type for Food, is cute...

 
At 7:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha! I thought the poof he was objecting to was me. Sounds like a closet case to me. Doesn't want to stand to close to the boys in the locker room in case he gets a hardon (".)

 
At 7:15 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

*too, damn jocularity and faggot fingers.

 
At 3:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew Bolt is good-looking.

Nuff said.

Andrew (not Bolt).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name: Aaron Hewett
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Contact Me
aaron [at] myrealbox.com

Search


www Urban Creature

Powered by Google

Other Projects
Lanes of Melbourne

Previous Posts
Billy goes to Midsumma
Pratt on debt
The Sexiest RWDB Awards
Grogblogging
Billy offers me his protection
The end of innocence
Merry Christmas
Billy meets Sam Newman
Unsolicited faxes
Older gay men

Links & Blogroll

Billy Cartoons


Would you like your photo taken with Billy? Simply email me a photo of yourself (leaving enough room for Billy to be inserted). You can make it look like you're hugging him, shaking his hand, whatever. However, what Billy is doing and what he is wearing will ultimately be up to me to decide.
Send your pics in today!

Design
In A Mood Designs
315 DPI

Etc.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise

Listed on Aussieblogs.org

Subscribe with Bloglines

Melbourne | Blogs

Site Feed

visitors since 5 July 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Google Ads

Blog Ads
Promote your blog for free.