urban creature: Shane Crawford


Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Shane Crawford
When it comes to Melbourne's creatures, you can't forget our footy players!

I am a Hawks supporter true and true. It's funny that before I moved to Melbourne (I'm originally from Perth), I hated sport - including AFL. Now that I'm living in Melbourne, I can't help but be swept up in it.

Naturally, Shane Crawford is one of the reasons I chose Hawthorn to support. Yes, I chose a team. My family aren't big into AFL and those who are usually barrack for West Coast. I wanted a local team to support.

I just finished watching Crawf's doco special on Channel 9. Like his (picture) book (which I casually flicked through at a bookstore), it was a little all over the place. It drastically needed editing.

This aside, he's a remarkable guy and a remarkable footballer and the doco illustrated this beautifully. It's a shame he's out for the rest of the season due to a broken arm.

As for the commentators continually questioning Crawf's form and his commitment during the 2003 (and subsequently 2004) season - due to his presence on the Channel 9 AFL variety programme, The Footy Show, I have one word for them. Jealousy.

They want to be back on the footy fields again, in their tiny shorts, being adored by fans (especially the female variety). Now they are old, ignored and ready to take a swipe at anything remotely talented, good-looking and charming - especially when their team is losing badly. It's time to grow up, get a real career or better still - retire with dignity in an ex-footballers nursing home. Especially you Rex Hunt. It can be one near the ocean so you can fish all you like.

Go the Hawks! Go Crawf!


  Scribbled by urban creature @ 10:26 pm - [Permanent Link]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name: Aaron Hewett
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Contact Me
aaron [at] myrealbox.com

Search


www Urban Creature

Powered by Google

Other Projects
Lanes of Melbourne

Previous Posts
Melbourne Loft
Urban Creatures

Links & Blogroll

Billy Cartoons


Would you like your photo taken with Billy? Simply email me a photo of yourself (leaving enough room for Billy to be inserted). You can make it look like you're hugging him, shaking his hand, whatever. However, what Billy is doing and what he is wearing will ultimately be up to me to decide.
Send your pics in today!

Design
In A Mood Designs
315 DPI

Etc.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise

Listed on Aussieblogs.org

Subscribe with Bloglines

Melbourne | Blogs

Site Feed

visitors since 5 July 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Google Ads

Blog Ads
Promote your blog for free.